Beer tours to Belgium & Bamberg are my expertise.
Everything from brewery contacts and tours, to coach companies, to hotels, to restaurants, to beer festivals, to abbies, to museums, and other fun unique Belgian attractions. Belgium has a lot of obstacles that can get in the way of a good beer tour, such as weird holidays, language barriers, cultural differences, detours, rail strikes, airport strikes, etc. Knowing how to anticipate these obstacles and knowing what to do when they cannot be anticipated is key. I also have a good understanding of how long it takes to get between places in Belgium, how much it should cost and how much travelers can reasonably handle before fatigue starts replacing pleasure. I can also keep these tours fun, interesting and exciting for people who have been to Belgium before. There is so much to see and do, and I've spent years researching what Belgium has to offer the beer traveller. BBM! is the only U.S.-based beer tour company featured in the Good Beer Guide Belgium for the past three editions and to be featured on Travel with Rick Steves.
- Marjorie R. Williams, co-author of "Markets of Paris" (The Little Bookroom).
- Stu Stuart, tour guide to Belgium and Germany beer venues
- Barbara Jakopiç, tour guide based in Slovenia
RICK STEVES interview with Stu STuart
Release Date: 06-01-2013
Rick interviews a guide to the street markets of Paris, where souvenir shopping can be a destination in itself. Hear how the beer in Belgium is so good, it's worth a special trip. Also, learn about the mysteries and history you can find in the caves of Slovenia.
Take a listen to a brief introduction of Belgium beers as Stu is just getting warmed up with his interview with Rick Steves. Discover more about "Why Belgium?" through Belgian Beer Me! Tours.
in a BEER-nutshell...
- I consider myself to be the ultimate tourist and have traveled to many countries in addition to Belgium, including, Germany, Italy, France, Czechia, Netherlands, Great Britain, Poland,Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Canada and Texas. I typically drive across the United States twice each year, stopping at brewpubs, breweries, historic routes and sites, antique stores and other points of interest.
- I am also an avid collector of old beer cans, beer signs and other breweriana, and belong to several national organizations of collectors.
- In my other life, I’m a stand-up comedian and had been performing full-time since 1991 up until 2013. I performed my popular stand-up show on Mackinac Island from 1995 to 2013, when I retired the show to run BBM! full time. I also used teach a class on Beginning Stand-Up Comedy through the ASUW Experimental College from 1991 until it was dissolved in 2016. And, I’m a 1986 graduate of the University of Montana School of Journalism in Missoula.
- Visit stustuart.com for more information on my comedy career.
- I divide my time between Grand Marais, Michigan, in the summer and Cave Creek, Arizona, in the winter, with visits to Belgium, France, Netherlands and Germany.
- I am an ambassador of good beer.
- In 2018 I had the good fortune and honor to become an Honorary Knight of the Knighthood of the Brewers Paddle in an enthronement ceremony that took place in the Brewers Guild House on the Grand Place of Brussels. It was a humbling moment and one of proudest of my life.
- I've spent a lot of time, energy and resources researching and developing these great beer tours of Belgium so you can enjoy them. Please feel free to email or call me with your questions.
I hope to see you on a BBM! tour soon!
Cheers & Santé!